We have incorporated the government’s initiative the ‘Five Ways to Wellbeing’ into our own programme and called it the ‘Fibro 5’. The 5 Ways to Fibro Wellbeing.
The following slider is linked to our own versions specific to the limitations of our group members.
How do we give as a group?
- We invite you to join our group so that we can give you the support you are searching for
- We give emotional support to help you look out as well as in
- We signpost you to other groups and services linking you to the wider community
- Our group is positive and inclusive
How do we give as members?
- Members welcome new members to the group
- Members like to bake lots of lovely cakes and biscuits to share with the group
- Members ensure we keep the meetings positive so that we keep the group uplifted
- Members volunteer their time where they can to help support others
- Committee, Mental Health Champions, Buddies and Out reach and fundraising linking them to the wider community and creating connections
- Members give feedback to help us keep on track
Feedback from members about Giving
Give time and friendship to others
Helping others newly diagnosed to accept and manage their condition
Helping others who need a friend
Give your time to friends and family when possible
You need support too. A good friend or friends are a blessing
Nutrition – healthy snacks for the group
Be positive and make new friends
Tai Chi gives time and patience – 2 group members trained as instructors